"Wean from heat"... This translates to ~ You can dress your baby!!!!!
Yippee!! They are trying to move Luke from his isolette to a regular bassinet. The trick is that he must be able to maintain his body temperature...with the help of clothes, a hat and blankets of course. His nurse said it usually takes 2-3 days. The nurse dressed him in a long-sleeved onsie then she let me put on his little hat and wrap him tight in a blanket. Once he was all swaddled he was about the size of a loaf of bread.
During Kangaroo Care today my mind was flooded with so many questions.
I held Luke close to me and just wondered...
I wonder if he knows its his mommy holding him right now?
Can he see me looking back at him through teary eyes?
Does he smell me? Do I smell different than his nurses?
I wonder if he hears me singing to him? Will he sing with me one day?
Does he feel me kissing the top of his little head?
I wonder if he will like sports and hunting? Will he be able to play catch with Jeff? Will he love books like Addy?
Will he chase his sister around one day?
Today my prayer is simple: Loving God please give me peace and increase my faith in You.