We decided to meet my cousins Callie and Davina with their kids Cohen and Dani at the zoo on Saturday morning. It was such a gorgeous day! On the way to the zoo as we sat at the red light in front of Cabrini Hospital Addy pointed to the hospital and said, “That where Luke live…short pause...Poor lil’ buddy…short pause…We wait so long to bring him home.” I would love to know what she was thinking during each little pause.
Luke is really doing great!!! He has reflux and spits up a lot but other than that he’s just busy getting bigger and cuter by the day. He has outgrown all his preemie clothes and the preemie diapers!!! I laid him on his belly in the middle of the living room a few days ago and I was walking in an out of the room checking on him when I found him on his back. Huh? How’d that happen? I thought maybe Reese got sneaky and nudged him over so I put him back on his belly and sat staring at him to see if he’d do it again...after 30 minutes of nothing I gave up. That night before his bath I tried it again to see if he would do it with Da-Da watching and sure enough he rolled right over.
I am still at home with Luke and some days I don’t even crank up my car. I have always said that I could never be a stay-at-home mom but you never say never right? If I could I would trade in my full-time speech therapy job for full-time stay-at-home mommyhood in a heartbeat! When the weather is pretty we take walks around the neighborhood or swing in the back yard. We wait anxiously for Addy to get home then our evening routine begins…change out of “school clothes”, hand sanitizer, kisses, kisses, kisses, kisses, dinner, more kisses, bath, books, kisses and cuddles. We were advised to keep Luke at home and limit his visitors for at least the first month and avoid crowded places for the first 3 months. He has managed to stay well the first month home so we continue to pump the hand sanitizer and thank God everyday for all his healing grace and protection from germs. I’ll be going back to work on March 23rd and MiMi (Jeff’s mom) will keep Luke so that he can stay out of daycare while his little immune system is still maturing. We’re trying to work out a plan to keep him out of daycare for the first year.
This is where you can find Addy 98% of the time...the other 2% of the time she is in front of his face.

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. James 5:13
Luke is really doing great!!! He has reflux and spits up a lot but other than that he’s just busy getting bigger and cuter by the day. He has outgrown all his preemie clothes and the preemie diapers!!! I laid him on his belly in the middle of the living room a few days ago and I was walking in an out of the room checking on him when I found him on his back. Huh? How’d that happen? I thought maybe Reese got sneaky and nudged him over so I put him back on his belly and sat staring at him to see if he’d do it again...after 30 minutes of nothing I gave up. That night before his bath I tried it again to see if he would do it with Da-Da watching and sure enough he rolled right over.
I am still at home with Luke and some days I don’t even crank up my car. I have always said that I could never be a stay-at-home mom but you never say never right? If I could I would trade in my full-time speech therapy job for full-time stay-at-home mommyhood in a heartbeat! When the weather is pretty we take walks around the neighborhood or swing in the back yard. We wait anxiously for Addy to get home then our evening routine begins…change out of “school clothes”, hand sanitizer, kisses, kisses, kisses, kisses, dinner, more kisses, bath, books, kisses and cuddles. We were advised to keep Luke at home and limit his visitors for at least the first month and avoid crowded places for the first 3 months. He has managed to stay well the first month home so we continue to pump the hand sanitizer and thank God everyday for all his healing grace and protection from germs. I’ll be going back to work on March 23rd and MiMi (Jeff’s mom) will keep Luke so that he can stay out of daycare while his little immune system is still maturing. We’re trying to work out a plan to keep him out of daycare for the first year.
This is where you can find Addy 98% of the time...the other 2% of the time she is in front of his face.
Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. James 5:13